Tips For Your Packing Plan
Making a packing plan is one of the most important steps for a successful move.
Here are some tips for your packing plan:
1. To begin, gather all your material in one area of your home. The space should be big enough to allow you room to pack; to temporarily store boxes; and include a sturdy, protected table to use as a work surface.
2. Gather your boxes, marking pens, packing paper, packing tape and scissors and place them within easy reach.
3. When packing your boxes it's important to use generous amounts of filling material. More is better to prevent damage to your goods.
4. Use smaller boxes for heavy items to make them easier to handle.
5. Pack heavier objects at the bottom of the box and lighter ones on top to reduce breakage.
6. Keep the weight of your boxes below 50 pounds. This will make them easier and faster to move.
7. Pack one room at a time to keep things organized.
8. Start packing well ahead of time. Do a few boxes each day to avoiding the last minute rush and additional stress.
9. Write on all your boxes the room where they will be going.
10. Keep a log of your moving boxes, including the number of boxes destined for each room.
11. Add a "notes" section to your log to remind you of the location of valuable items and the condition of the boxes. This will help the movers to better protect these items during the move.
Should you have any further questions about packing for your move, please do not hesitate to call our customer service representative at Ellis Movers. You can reach us at (604) 986-9817. You may find it useful to visit the Ellis Movers’ moving supplies page to learn about professional packing materials we carry at our Vancouver storage facility.