Packing Supplies – Tips by Ellis Movers
You always need the right packing supplies for a successful move. To pack your belongings, you will require moving boxes and other essential moving supplies. Our goal is to ensure that your precious belongings arrive safely to your new home without a single mark or scratch.
Above and beyond transporting and moving our clients’ furniture, we provide professional moving boxes and supplies and help you plan and procure the necessary supplies.
The first step is to set out the list of items you need to move. Then sort out which items require specialized packing – such as fragile high value items. Awkward shapes, some clothing or larger pieces that are difficult to move, may require special care when packing. After you complete your initial moving inventory and identify all the special items, let us know and we will gladly provide you with the necessary packing supplies.
Moving Supplies You May Need for Your Move
Here is a short list of packing materials we provide to our customers:
- Moving boxes of various sizes to pack the most generic small items: 2, 4, and 5 cubes are the most frequently used moving boxes
- Dish boxes with reinforced siding
- Wardrobe boxes to ensure no-impact transport of your dresses, suites and coats
- rolls of plastic cushion sheets that are used to cover and protect glass items, electronics and plasma TVs
- Mirror carton and bubble wrap: to provide appropriate protection for fragile or large items such as framed pictures and glass objects
- Packing paper
- Mattress bags
- Stretch wrap
- Material our movers use for building custom crates for larger and heavier fragile items as bigger china items or marble table tops
- Duct tapes and tape dispensers for sealing boxes and securing loose items
- Moving blankets: heavy duty blankets that are used specifically by movers to cover and protect furniture
Not sure which packing supplies you need for your move, please contact us at (604) 986-9817. For online information, please fill out Ellis movers’ online request a quote form.